Gradle build infrastructure for lectures
Gradle infrastructure to build Information Science lectures based on Nigel’s LaTeX lecture classes.
- multiple configurable document targets: slides, handout, notes, examples
- dynamic targets for building PDF images from PlantUML, SVG, R
- builds separate working preview and final published PDFs with lecture numbers (the latter include the lecture number in the file name)
This repository serves as both the canonical source for the Gradle files and as an example of how to set things up.
Setting up a new set of lectures
- Create a top level
- If you’re using Git, copy
- Create a sub-directory for each lecture, e.g.,
02_lecture, …. The prefix numbering is important.
- Create an empty
- Edit each
lecture.gradle.kts to configure targets and images.
Standard lecture directory tree